Sunday, August 1, 2010

Live By Faith (Part 3) & Other Tidbits


Hi Sweet Friends! Let me start by telling you how blessed my Thursday was last week. My replacement cord for my computer came so yay I am back! The air conditioner was fixed Praise the Lord on Wednesday it was 90 degrees upstairs! And, we finished the guest bath downstairs! It looks so pretty I may even post a picture soon, since I did show it all torn out and Greg looking under the house. I also had dinner and a movie date with my husband that evening. So, I am a bit happier and relaxed now.
So, on with our topic.....

If you remember when we ended the last post I told you we would be discussing Hezekiah. Hezekiah became king of Judah during a very tough time for Israel. The Northern part of Israel had already been captured and now Judah was next on the list. Hezekiah had all good intentions to do Gods will, but when times got tough he became weak and his faith that God was in control began to fail. In walks a wise one, Isaiah, and gives Hezekiah a good talking to. Isaiah reminds Hezekiah that he needs to look to God for his strength not his men or the horses. You can read all of this part of the story in Isaiah 31. It was easier for Hezekiah to put his faith in what he could see and was tangible.

2 Corinthians 5:7 "We live by faith not by sight". By the time of the attack Hezekiah's faith had grown and he told his men in 2 Chronicles 32:7-8 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged because of the king of Assyria and the vast army with him, for there is a greater power with us than with him. With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles." And the people gained confidence from what Hezekiah the king of Judah said. If we are focusing on God he may give us a gentle reminder or something tangible that reminds us he is in control and hasn't forgotten you and this can be so sweet. Other times I bet you, just as I, can look back at trials in your past and see that God was right there in control the entire time.

Isn't it amazing how we can find such great wisdom from these individuals in the Old Testament? Lets write this down and keep it where we can see it all week:
“You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.”- Psalm 119:114. Then lets live it!

I hope you have a great week.

Sweet Blessings,
Margaret

No comments: