Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hi Friends,

My computer is still out of service, but Lauren is letting me use hers for a bit so you wouldn't think I ran away! So, lets continue talking about faith and giving God control of our lives.

Perhaps the problem with our "letting go and letting God" starts with our heart. We proclaim our love for Him with our mouths when we worship, our minds when spending time in the Word, but is our heart totally there? Mark 12:30 "Love the Lord your God with ALL your heart soul, mind and strength". Jeremiah 29:13 says "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with ALL your heart". Neither verse says some of your heart or part of your heart, but ALL.Verse 14 goes on to say "I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back from captivity". Isn't that what worry does? It holds us captive. It keeps us from experiencing freedom and fullness in Christ.

We love God, we believe in Him, we confess Him as Lord of our life, but when we face trials or times get tough where do we turn? Who do we turn to first?
Next time, we'll look at Hezikiah his doubts and his faith.
I will try to get back to you before another week. Thanks for your comments, I love to read them.

Sweet Blessings,
Margaret

No comments: