Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Something is Peeking Out From the Snow...and Our Trials?

This morning as I was looking out the kitchen window to the backyard guess what I saw peeking out from under the snow? Green, I saw green! The daffodils are starting to come up! Yes, that excites me, because I am very ready for spring and that seems to be the first real sign I have seen. It gives me hope and reminds me that the weather will once again turn warm and the flowers and trees will bloom.
It can be much the same way when we are going through a tough time in our life. We feel like we don't see an end to our struggles, we need relief. And, then we remember we aren't alone, we look, and there He is. God is right there with us and it can be like a gentle reminder that we are not doing this sometimes tough life alone. God has been there all along, we just forget and tend to try and go it alone. The Lord tells Joshua in Joshua 1:5 "No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you." Just as the daffodils peeking through the snow are a beautiful reminder that spring will come around, we can be reminded that something beautiful can also come out of the trials we face although it is difficult to understand in the middle of them. Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."So, just as I will try to remember that there is the promise of Spring coming (sooner than later I hope), lets be reminded that we are not going through the tough times alone, God is with us, and we can make it through.
For more encouragement Read James chapter 1. I am doing a Disciplers Bible study on the book of James and its amazing. Chapter one speaks a great deal about trials and temptations, and is a good reminder that God will give us what we need to make it through.
Have a great day and keep warm.

Sweet Blessings,
Margaret

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know we are ready for Spring Weather for sure, ."So, just as I will try to remember that there is the promise of Spring coming (sooner than later I hope), lets be reminded that we are not going through the tough times alone, God is with us, and we can make it through..thank you for another great lesson today....even though I didn't have it with my coffee this morning it's a great note to turn in on....nite to all!

Brenda L. Ward